Monday, February 26, 2007

Homework Blues


After what was a spectacular weather week, today is gray and gloomy. To make matters worse, I have a geology test tomorrow on plate tectonics, which I think is just a bunch of baloney, but it is on the road to the AA, so I must pretend.

I found that unless I interact with the material my mind wanders; my study plan always involves typing my notes on the given subject. I enjoy this a lot in subjects that interest me because with my older brain it is challenging to remember things a month later that you have heard once. So, I did those notes, and hopefully my test will go well--I'll let you know.

In addition, I spent about an hour and a half on algebra--another hated subject. It seems so pointless, but again, I march on.

Humanities mid-term is Wednesday, and that is a class I love! I find it astonishing when people make the same sort of comments I reserve for math and science about humanities. Really folks, the study of human art and behavior is what makes the world go round, not silly graphs and tables! The typing for that is pleasurable, albeit long. My professors exams usually include multiple essays, so you must be prepared for anything.

To bring some sunshine into this dreary day I will post a lovely daisy--radiant with sunshine.

2 comments:

Jeremy Brooks said...

Spend some time in California, and plate tectonics will seem very real. :)

Gail Peck said...

Oh yes--I know I'm being silly. I'll be answering questions on the San Andreas fault and the Cascade Mountains for sure!

Back at the Homestead