Thursday, February 22, 2007

Life can be bizarre


Last evening, before school, I was walking Baxter in our neighborhood and talking to Jonathan on his way home from work. My dear boy calls me every day to check up on me ever since I got sick and it is always welcome. Anyway, there was a lady in her opened garage with a glass of wine in her hand. She called out a compliment about Baxter's cuteness (she's right); politely, I thanked her. She came onto the sidewalk and to make a long story short--told me all about her current financial situation, her daughters, her age, her husbands chagrin over a recent second home purchase, and on, and on, and on. I put the phone down for a minute, and then quietly closed it, hanging up on Jon boy. I told her several times I had to get moving because of class in an hour, but it was a challenge to get away. I'm not sure if it was the wine talking or I looked like a sympathetic ear--whatever the reasoning, it was a weird encounter.

Secondly, mentioning our neighborhood--it is generally a safe one, thankfully. This morning I was ready to leave for school and couldn't find my keys. You guessed it, they were in the lock outside for all the world to see all night. I had arrived home from school around ten, and well, let's hope Bruce doesn't find out!

Thirdly, I think I made a bad choice on my algebra teacher. I've had her before for a lower math but I'm not sure how good a teacher she is for this course. The avg. grade for the last test in all her classes was in the low 60's. She admitted it might have been over-long, however, she does not believe in curving grades; her plan is to give us more problems to do, only count the ones we get right, and add them to the test grade. Does this make any sense?

This is a crummy picture today but when I arrived home and was ready to open the door out to the pool for Baxter, I saw this pair of cardinals and I knew if I went out there they would fly away. I think they are a cute couple.

No comments:

So This is Springtime