Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Good Stuff



First the not so good stuff: I did not do math homework last evening because Baxter was so bad off that I had to take him to the vet around 5. I waited patiently with him in a blanket on my lap and was called back at 7. The vet was shocked when he saw his poor abdomen. It seems as if during surgery they must have put some clamps on his belly and broke some arteries as he is so terribly bruised. He said his constant shivering has been from pain; although we had been giving him the prescribed dose, it apparently wasn't enough for him. We got home at nearly 8 and I had lost my enthusiasm for studying. It was my first time giving him pills but I succeeded! Consequently, I have spent the morning studying and will do so most of the afternoon.

Now for good stuff: Don't you just love it when a product performs as advertised or as you anticipate? My mother used to rave about Cascade dishwasher detergent. Three years after her death, I have finally tried it, and she was right as mothers tend to be. The glasses are losing their dullness, and the dishes are wonderfully clean. As well, a new robe I got from Bruce for my birthday from Nordstrom is fantastic. I hated the price tag, but it is worth every dollar! And last, but surely not least, the Ipod Shuffle--now that is a winner. Thanks to Jonathan and Alissa, that Christmas present has been a god-send. Often, when I'm in pain at night trying to sleep, I put my little ear buds in and it drowns out my discomfort. Last night I woke up about 3:30 to turn it off.

So, there you go, class tonight, two tests tomorrow and then Spring break; I can hardly wait.

Today, a celebratory drink for good stuff.

No comments:

A Week Ago Tuesday