Friday, March 23, 2007

Riders Wanted

Here is one of my favorite pictures I've taken lately. I've framed it simply with a white mat and black frame, and I'll be taking it Sunday. We'll see if anyone else likes it.

I started the day very slowly but after a chat with my sister Lisa, I got moving. I was asking her to come and help me with a few cleaning chores as I just haven't been up to them. She isn't that keen on cleaning herself, however, she said she would come on Monday. Maybe by then, I'll have it done and save her the trip.

Our Baxter is BACK. One of my greatest pleasures is our swimming pool open to the sky. If you've been to Florida, you will see that screened pools are all the rage, however, I've never wanted one. I figure if I wanted to be in a room, I'd stay inside. Nonetheless, it is no fun this time of year as our oak trees are losing their leaves, next they put out this fuzzy stuff, and generally make our yard and pool a wreck. Typically when we clean the pool with the big pole and scooper, Baxter barks like crazy, running around the pool and going nuts. Two weeks ago, he came out there but remained silent. Today though, he was at full strength. The funniest thing is he was so incessant that my neighbor from across the street opened the gate to make sure I was alright. Her husband was afraid that I had fallen and Baxter was barking for help! Now, that is a nice neighbor.

We have clean sheets on the bed, ditto the bathroom sink and laundry--that's enough to make me smile.

No comments:

Back at the Homestead