Thursday, March 15, 2007

Tiny Dancer

My mother used to say that a watched pot never boils; she was right. Conversely, an unwatched pot boils over in my house. If you are like me, and have a glass-topped stove, you know what I mean. I'm here to share a great tip I read somewhere that has done wonders for my stove top after pasta water has boiled all over and left it's starchy mess. While the stove is sill quite warm, pour straight vinegar--white or apple cider--directly onto the gooey stuff and wipe away. You will be thrilled with how well it works.

Today I'm picturing a minuscule spider that has a web outside our bathroom window. I've seen it for a few days while getting the mail and this morning I thought--why not? I've never photographed a spider before. I ended up taking pics in the morning as well as the afternoon, just checking on his progress. They are oddly captivating.

My plan to clean out the fridge didn't happen. I opted for clearing out Picassa; I've gotten my folders down to 85 from 126! More work to do.

I started reading a novel last night when I got in bed and it was so satisfying I couldn't put it down. It is called A Spot of Bother, and is written by the man who wrote The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. It is the best book I've read since Suite Francais by Irene Nimerowsky. Unfortunately my novel reading has taken a back seat to geology and algebra, not a fair trade off in my estimation.

No comments:

A Low Level of Anxiety