Monday, April 30, 2007

Another Test Over

I have just returned home from the EMG, and it was really nothing. I'm not sure what people were talking about, but I've had worse. Dr. Menken was there and told me the results which are inconclusive. No surprise there! He explained that it measures the big nerves, but no so much the little ones. It was abnormal, just not so much as he expected. More blood work next; I'll be hearing from him today as to the extent of it.

One of the reasons the test was a no-brainer is the lovely technologist who performed it. When I was doing mammograms for years I was popular with patients because they knew that I cared about them as people. They were not just another patient to me. As such, I have found that in just about anything it is the person you interact with that counts, whether it is a store transaction, or even the toll collector on a highway. If they have a smile, and look at you, that makes everything easier.

This is a picture from FiFi's Patiesserie, a new restaurant that opened in downtown. It has the most wonderful pink lighting, and the food was very good as well. We were seated outside and two couples were seated after us at the next table. They were all laughing and appeared to be having a good time, however, things soon changed. The two women went to the restroom, upon returning, one of the women up and left. The wine had just arrived and the glasses were poured. After a short while, the other half of that couple left. The one couple then ordered ; soon thereafter, the man from the departed couple re-joined them as if nothing had ever happened. You had to wonder who was mad at whom. People do the darndest things!

Happily we had five sales yesterday. It was hot and also we were besieged by smoke from a muck fire in Georgia. It is incredible to think it could blow so far, but it did. Frankly, I was glad when the day was done as it wears me out big time! Bruce is just amazing setting up, and taking down, also he has been taking Baxter up to all the dogs that pass by getting him used to strange dogs. It appears to be working as he is not barking quite so incessantly.

No comments:

Back at the Homestead