Friday, April 20, 2007

Chicks

You just knew I couldn't wait any longer didn't you? Here they are looking a lot more like birds! They are five days old now; my neighbor Regina tells me the mother kicks them out of the nest when they are ten days old. I'll try and wait a few more days to see what's next.

The more I think about the doctor's appointment yesterday, the weirder it seems. He almost interrogated me and he needed a haircut desperately. As well, the waiting room had seven Colonial-style hard wooden chairs which were uncomfortable at best. Unfortunately, he repeated that same motif in his office. In reality what that tells me is that he is more interested in the science of things rather than having a fancy office etc. I imagine he is definitely not in it for the money, however, I bet that hour in his office was not cheap.

Bruce arrived home last night around 7:30 bearing small gifts. One was a tiny grater, another a tube of Burt's Bees lip stuff, and the other was a frame we have been looking for in Orlando. I have been terrible about going shopping of late, thus the lip balm--he knew I had misplaced mine, and with my cold sore last week, it would have been a blessing. Now I will be ready for the next one.

Here is some exciting news for me! I don't really know much about flickr because I am not that computer savvy. From one of the comments on that picture I mentioned yesterday I found out it was chosen for something called Explore. What that apparently means is they choose 500 of the top downloaded pictures for that day. I know very little else about it, but it is a good thing, and I am pretty darn excited!

The lawn was cut today and I managed to vacuum, and do our whopping two loads of laundry, so we are ready for a big weekend or so I hope. I've spent time this afternoon framing; I hope I've chosen some things that will sell.

The maple tea was delicious by the way.

No comments:

So This is Springtime