Friday, April 27, 2007

Do You Believe in Magic?

It's rare that I listen to oldies music but that infectious tune from the Lovin' Spoonful came on my shuffle while I was doing a bit of cleaning. It brought me back to my junior high school days--a very long time ago. There were so many great groups back then but I find that if you have an open mind there are still plenty of people making fantastic music. I also rarely re-read a book that I have loved. One notable exception recently was To Kill a Mockingbird. I had to read it for my Comp II class, and it was just as wonderful the second time around--maybe even more so as I have more life behind me.

This is a beautiful dessert that we shared when Dave took us out a month or so ago. It was just as delicious as it looks!

My desk is cleared, the backpack is in the closet, and school is over! I went to school early and spent two hours writing nine pages about such topics as the French Reformation, St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre, Bernini, Poussin, El Greco, Northern Art...well you get the idea. I'm sure I wasn't as detailed as in the past, but I'm thinking it was probably good enough to ensure my A in that class. Good deal.

Blogging has backfired on me just a bit. Now I feel as if I live in a vacuum as everyone else knows what's happening in my life so they never e-mail me anymore. Fortunately, Judy called the other day to chat. She is a wonderful friend who I met at the Wellness Center. For a number of years we had quite a group of like-minded folks that met on Saturday mornings. We worked out but spent much time catching up. My son Matthew tells me that is unheard of in the younger generation, but I'm glad it wasn't true for me. As well, I got to know Dean who is a much-followed columnist for our local paper. In fact, these days, he's about the only reason to read the paper.

No comments:

So This is Springtime