Sunday, April 15, 2007

Dog and Stroller Show

Maureen and I witnessed the dog in stroller phenomena in Bloomingdales just yesterday. A mother (60) and daughter(30) had a Maltese with them, carrying it around on their shoulder whilst trying on shoes. The stroller sat empty, presumably because the dog wanted to be held. The poor salespeople are naturally at a loss what to do with these rude customers. Whatever...

In the afternoon Bruce and I went to the Center for the Arts in Maitland; also toured a Victorian home and carpentry shop in the same area. It was incredibly fascinating, all the more so because it has been in our backyard all these years and we had never visited. I'm hoping when I'm not going to school this summer, I'll be able to discover more gems in our beautiful part of the world. Bruce was able to assist the docent regarding the tools after the other members of our little tour group left. The art center was incredible--I'll be posting pictures on flickr as soon as I can edit them down--you know the drill--I took at least 100!

Fortunately for us, we were not scheduled at the market today because a big storm front came through this morning; it was raining cats and dogs as they say. This is out our front door during some of the worst of it--note the sprinkler system running. As I type, the system has moved out, leaving the sky brilliant blue, the wind gusts persist, and the cardinal is chirping like crazy.

No comments:

So This is Springtime