Thursday, April 19, 2007

It's A Package!

This arrived in yesterday's post-- a package from my flickr. friend, Paige in Ottawa! Not only did she send the maple syrup, but she included a sweet card from herself and her eldest son Johnny Rocket. As well, she sent maple tea, a first for me. When Bruce gave me the camera for Christmas, I never dreamed how much it would add to my life. Matthew suggested flickr and then paid for the pro account; I can't tell you how much fun it has been for me. I love to see other's photos and see what the rest of the great big world is all about from regular folks, not the media. I have been enriched by my contacts already and it has only been a few months. I have one in Viet Nam and his photos of street scenes and people working are fascinating.

As is often the case, when I set out to take one kind of picture another entirely different one appears. That is the case with my most popular picture on flickr so far (aside from the silly shoe ones). I went to Rollins to photograph the buildings for Bill and Leanne, a rose garden was part of the mix. There you go, I couldn't resist. A bee just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

So, I went to see the neurologist today. It was a very unusual appointment to say the least. He spent over an hour with me, thoroughly examining my reflexes etc. He called me back himself and even dictated my case while I was in the room. He had a fourth year med student from FSU in there and he kept asking her why would this happen (you name the symptoms)? I get the impression that he will do his darnedest to get to the bottom of this. He even went on line while I was in there researching stuff. I'm to have a nerve conduction test in the next week or two and possibly MORE blood work. He actually threw out some ideas for a diagnosis--one in particular I don't want called amyloidosis--a fatal disease.

Yesterday I found out our little Baxter can swim like nobodies business. He fell in the pool while I was skimming the top and swam to shore!

No comments:

A Low Level of Anxiety