Saturday, May 19, 2007

Birthday Boy

Here is the birthday boy dodging a kiss from Baxter! We love to snuggle with him, but kisses are off limits as far as we are concerned.

We went to a new restaurant for Bruce's birthday called "Citrus." It is in a new building just north of downtown, and is quite chic. I, of course, found things to fuss about however. Not enough dressing on the salad (and I use it sparingly), and the choice of vegetables with the entree was an afterthought in my opinion. I always find that puzzling, that they spend so much time thinking about the main course that they seem to forget that a really great vegetable is like icing on the cake. We did share a lovely bottle of Sequoia Grove Cabernet though.

I don't feel like quite such a dummy now about my film loading debacle. My professor said that Canon's were notorious for being hard to load, as well as focus, which I am also struggling with. He taught us about F-Stop, and shutter speed, and examined everyone's lenses. The weather was not ideal for shooting pictures, so we stayed in the classroom all day! I have just gone down to Regina's back yard and shot a roll of film because we are going to Costco when Bruce gets home from work; they can develop it while we are looking at new glasses for him. I've also ordered a few new prints for the market. Let's hope we have more success tomorrow; at least the weather is forecast to cooperate.

Jonathan, and Alissa, will be arriving shortly from Tallahassee, via Tampa, where they attended a wedding. Next stop, home, and the Arctic Monkeys show tomorrow night. I'm glad they've had a little trip now that Alissa is graduated. I will pick Jonathan's brain regarding all my computer related issues while he is here because he is a little whiz at that stuff.

I've spent the morning tiding up(not that they will notice), and doing laundry. I'm not so sure what's for dinner as the food supplies around here are limited these days. With Bruce gone a lot of the week and my appetite puny, it is hard to keep things fresh. Maybe macaroni and cheese because Alissa is a vegetarian-- everyone(vegans excluded) likes mac and cheese, don't they?

I've posted some flower pictures on flickr that have insects included--a two for one, if you will. Before I began taking so many close-up photographs, I had no idea of the colorful nature of these tiny insects around us that we hardly see with the naked eye--the variety of life is absolutely amazing!

2 comments:

Jozee said...

A very happy birthday to your hubby, Gail.

Thanks for checking my blog and leaving a comment- it's greatly appreciated!

Vegan cooking is a challenge. My 117 yearold announced recently that she was becoming a vegetarian. Since i prepare all our food it was a surprise to me. I'm feeling my limitations and think it's time for her to do do some recipe research and come up with some thihgs for herself!

I hope you had a great weekend and are feeling well. Josie

Jozee said...

Excuse the typos - going too fast!

A Low Level of Anxiety