Monday, May 21, 2007

The Day After

  • The weather was immensely better than last Sunday at the market which was a very welcome development, however, the crowds were still pretty slim. Of all things, I sold the baseball again--third time. It is so funny because I took that one Saturday morning in the twins old bedroom looking for things to photograph around the house. It is very interesting to see what people are attracted to and it seems as if when you have it figured out, they want something different. Except for the baseball, of course. When we were packing up one of the original vendors talked to us about how you have to hang in there and the customers will come.
  • My new camera is still proving challenging. I couldn't fit the zoom lens on correctly, so a man that came to the booth did it for me. There is a lot to photograph at the market--a good thing when you can take quality photos. Fortunately, I had my digital with me.
  • Saturday Bruce got new glasses at Costco. In two days time he had his teeth cleaned, a new driver's license and new glasses. His work takes up so much time he has to do everything in spurts when he can. Although we have vision insurance, if you've ever ordered glasses at Pearle Vision you'll understand this--you never really know how much they cost. They seem to have a very convoluted way of pricing. Not so at Costco--only $169 for progressive lenses!
  • As most of you know I got the yellow MINI after my mom died. I called it my "happy face" car, and it brought me much joy. I used to love going out to the parking lot and seeing that sweet little yellow. In an odd turn of events, I let Jonathan have it, and I got the new MINI. I do like my new MINI, but it is not the same as my first love!
  • We went to dinner at Fifis on Saturday night with Jonathan and Alissa. You'll remember I wrote about that place a few weeks ago. I'll tell you -- pink lighting is very seductive. They went to their concert last night, and then left for Tallahassee this morning around 5:30AM, arriving around 10. Jonathan was tentative about asking for Monday off so he went straight to work!
  • My sister Maureen had been recommending for months that I go to Leu Gardens to take photographs. Once I heard that it was free Monday mornings between 9-11, I try to go every Monday because there are wonderful photo-ops. Today I took the new camera because I have to turn in ten photos on Friday with all the configurations. I used the cool zoom, but the results were not great. I've now spent $$ on all this film processing, and I've yet to get anything that I'm remotely proud of. Again, the baby camera was with me to redeem the visit.

No comments:

A Low Level of Anxiety