Saturday, May 12, 2007

High School Prom

Lest you think the reason I haven't posted is because I have not been well, let me set your mind at rest. Actually, I've felt better the last few days than in a very long time--let's pray it is a trend.

I was searching in the closet for something, and came across this photo of Bruce, and I, from 1970. It's taken at my parent's house in Melbourne before the prom. Please forgive the quality as it has faded significantly; I thought you might be interested nonetheless. I made the dress I'm wearing; how about those gloves? Bruce looks like a doll, doesn't he?

The all day photo class took place on Friday, and then I promptly took a huge batch of worthless pictures. I picked up David at the airport, and when we arrived at his condo, Michelle looked like a million bucks. It was their five year anniversary, and she was ready to celebrate. I used the portrait setting on my camera -- the pictures came out way too dark. I was so disappointed, particularly because he had just spent the day teaching about light management. Today was Leanne's graduation from Rollins, and I again took a lot of bad pictures. I'm a bit discouraged right this very minute, however, I'm sure that will pass quickly.

Bruce is picking Matt up from the airport as I type. He is home for two days from London via Chicago. It will be a real treat to see him once they get here. The flight was apparently re-routed because of a medical emergency on the plane. I'm curious what happened.

Mother's Day will be weird with the market going on and all but since we weren't there last week we're going ahead with it. I do believe we may have visitors, or at least, I hope we do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a great photo!

A Low Level of Anxiety