Tuesday, May 1, 2007

May Day

  • First things first--Happy Birthday to my dear Jonathan who turns 24 today. As most of you know he lives in Tallahassee, so I won't be spending it with him but he will be spending it with the love of his life--Alissa.
  • Great news--I managed a B in Algebra so my GPA didn't suffer too badly, it's now 3.72. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out with only required Speech and three electives to go!
  • I took off early this morning and drove out to Celebration, Disney's planned community, to take photos. One surprising shot I got was an otter coming out of the water on the little lake.
  • Next, I went to the hospital where they treated me well. Someone has marked me in the system as a VIP, I don't know who, but I'm grateful. I had no waiting to register, and almost none in the lab, however, it took three sticks to get the 10 vials they drew!!!! I thought the 7 at Mayo Clinic was a lot--yikes. Oh, if only it will provide some answers, it will be worth it.
  • I visited with some of my old work mates which was good. Dr. Patange, one of my favorite radiologists was there; I hadn't seen him in about a year. He is Indian, as you suspected, and I'd love to get him going--his voice would rise exponentially as we razzed him.
  • From the hospital I went to the West campus to speak with someone about the summer class I registered for: Art with a Camera. I figured it was time I learned something about this obsession of mine. I checked at the Information desk for the Art Department and we called from there--no answer. In a funny coincidence the young lady asked me what class I wanted information on. After hearing my reply she said, "oh, I just got finished with that class." She gave me all the details, so, I think I might do it.
  • The photo is another experiment with light and shadows. My mom's picture is on the shelf from when she was in her late 40's. I made the gown she is wearing as I used to be a bit of a seamstress.
  • My dear Bruce has gone to Boston for some days.
  • Last, but not least, a one hour break from typing as Matt called from London. He stays super busy there and I was getting the low down. He will be visiting in two weeks for Mother's Day--isn't that sweet?

1 comment:

jpeckmeister said...

Hey, Gail. I was thinking of some songs the other day and you really should add two songs:
"All My Life" by Paul McCartney
"Arms of an Angel" by Sarah McLaughlan

Great songs with lots of love behind them.

Happy for you that school is over...I have three weeks left.

A Low Level of Anxiety