Friday, May 4, 2007

You Saw It Here First

So today we are going on a trip to a Wetlands park. I didn't start out to go there, and I certainly didn't wake up thinking I would see an alligator in the wild today, but that is what happened. I intended to go to this park in Christmas, but I saw the sign, and the MINI just went there. I had the place to myself--sorta scary really. When I told Jonathan this afternoon about the gator we both realized I would have been in quite a bind if it had decided to come close with me being so slow moving these days! It was very quiet and peaceful, the only sounds were the bullfrogs and the birds. I didn't see any frogs, however, I did see a snake, fish, birds, the pictured alligator, a hawk picking up a snake, and flying off with it, and an ugly turtle thing which I haven't identified just yet. There were no trees, so it got hot very quickly even though I left fairly early in the morning. Picture taking isn't so great when the sun gets too high.

When I returned home Maureen had left a message checking on me wondering if I was out somewhere being camera crazy. Of course, she was right.

Bruce left this morning for an entire week. This means no market on Sunday as I am incapable of setting it up due to it's complicated nature. Bill offered to help, but I declined; we'll just wait till next week. Last Sunday a professor from one of the local colleges stopped by and told me that every new government building in Florida has to set aside a certain amount of space for local artists. Now I know you are thinking to yourself that I'm not good enough for that, as was I, nevertheless, that is what he told us. It would certainly be easier!

I'm on track now for my one summer class. It begins next Friday, and I'm hoping I will learn a lot.

A caveat--my sister-in-law Judy called today to check on me and told me she enjoyed reading the blog. Here's the problem: Judy has been a venerated English teacher in town for 35 years and I know I am making punctuation errors, and worse yet, sometimes spelling errors. As well, Matthew has a Masters degree in English. People have said how brave I've been in the face of this illness when in reality, I'm brave writing this blog, knowing they are reading it!

1 comment:

jpeckmeister said...

I'm flattered that you said venerated; most students would have chosen infamous, or too dang hard! You know, sometimes I just read for pleasure.

Oh, we can't meet up on the 12th; we won't get off the boat until 6. But we will bring Mom down to your market on Mother's Day.

That gator picture is scarier in an enlarged state. What the heck were you thinking?

A Low Level of Anxiety