Skip to main content

A Corner Booth

The Beacon looks nice doesn't it? The food was very tasty as well.

Matt called last evening and he had a fab time in Wales. Apparently they hiked up the highest mountain in the British Isles. You can see his photos on flickr; they are lovely. He is in my contact list as 5500. A birthday, Wimbledon, and Wales all in one week! One wonders how he has time to work.

You must have been sending good vibes our way as we sold six pieces on Sunday with very thin crowds. As well, we have an order for a poster! I made a slight error and gave him too low a price. sIt seems as if we'll only make back our cost on that one, but we're still learning as we go. Nevertheless, if he has folks to his place, and they notice it, he may send them my way which would naturally be super great. It seems as if the market is good for networking even when we don't have sales. The heat was bearable, and fortunately no rain.

I've a new motto to go with my previous "fake it till you make it" motto. On Saturday we were at the mall and who should we see but the attending physician from my hospital stay. He says--"Hi Gail", I respond in kind. Next I tell him that I've not managed to get better and here's what he says--"At least you're alive!" He pats my arm, and off he goes! We were taken aback to say the least. He is actually the one who told us that I had metastatic pancreatic cancer, so I guess he was acknowledging it was a good deal he was mistaken. So we'll put the two together to describe my life today.

I've spent today ordering prints, buying frames, and mats. It is amazing how long all this stuff takes me. It's a good thing that I enjoy this because it sure doesn't pay very well! I picked up a little portfolio book today which I'm going to fill with 4 X 6 prints. I'll be able to take it to the Bistro I mentioned last week as well as have it at the market. This way if we don't have the enlargement on display there may be something else that appeals to lookers.

Van Morrison, Nick Drake, The Howling Bells, Stereophonics, Supergrass, and Bloc Party have kept me company while I've been sitting at the computer. It's been fun but now it's time to get the blood moving in my legs. Stay tuned.....
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bodies of Water

Raise your hand if you think you can identify the location of this lovely scene? Before our excursion on Saturday, I certainly would have kept my arm straight by my side because I would have had no clue. This is the park on the shores of East Lake Tohopekaliga in downtown St. Cloud, Florida. I've included Florida because there is a town named the same in Minnesota, not far from a restaurant Bruce built, and there might just be someone from Minnesota that comes across this blog and thinks, that's not my town! 
At any rate, Bruce's superintendent in Plano is doing a fabulous job which means Mr. Peck is not having to kill himself, performing as both Project Manager, and the field Super. It's about time that he got a bit of a break, so when I asked him if he was up for a Saturday excursion to St. Cloud, he agreed. Both of us have driven by the exit to this little town on countless occasions, but never had either of us actually been there before. 28 miles from Orlando, it i…

And Just Like That....

another weekend has arrived! My, how the time flies when you are old. The date for our move to Vancouver in early July just keeps getting closer and closer! In the meantime, we are staying busy.

Matt and Tom have an anniversary coming up, yes, it has been three years already at the end of the month. You will not be surprised that I made a quilt to honor the occasion which I sent a week or so ago, thinking it would take some time. You never really know. In this instance it took only one week and since I sent it to Matt's workplace, he opened it right up and sent me a text to say he loved it! That was a relief because it is a little different than some quilts I've made. When I had only the top pieced Bruce was a little skeptical of the end result, however, after the addition of spiral quilting, and ORANGE binding, he was a convert!
For a touch of whimsy, I used a fabric with drawn kitty cats for Tom. The beginning of the spiral is somewhat sketchy, but I did the best that I coul…

Hither and Yon

Looking back on things, it does seem kind of crazy I did not know what was happening to me. No more so than on Saturday when we took a little trip to Steveston. But first we went to Richmond, a largely Asian community to meet up with the fellow who makes all of the furniture for Earls restaurants. By hand no less. Well, machines are involved, of course. Sewing machines and all manner of wood working tools. But, we'll get to that in a moment.

First, let's take the Canada Line to Broadway and Cambie Street, shall we?
The Canada Line actually runs from the waterfront all the way to both the airport and Richmond. Now you know.

Back in early July, the day we were having one of our two garage sales, we quit early to attend Judy's retirement party which was just lovely. So, not only was the party great, but Judy's sister Margie gave me a Lonely Planet guide to Vancouver and has it ever been helpful, with suggested neighborhood walks, points of interest, maps...the whole sheba…