Monday, July 16, 2007

Shopping

I finally went and did a little shopping. I was trying to surprise Bruce with this quilt he coveted from Crate & Barrel. I was unwilling to pay the exorbitant price that Bloomingdales charges for a dust ruffle, so my trip began at Target. They had several to choose from that were about half the price of the ones at Bloomies. I purchased that, then continued down the road on my way to the mall. Yeah--I saw a Michaels, and pulled in there to look at their frames. No dice on the frames, however, I did buy bags for customers which was on our list for this week. Back in the MINI to the Mall at Millenia. I call the whole area Shopping Mecca because there is nearly any type of store you could possibly need, and many that you don't. What will make it even more so come fall is the new IKEA store that is being built. We are super excited. As well they are building a West Elm in front of the mall and that is also cause for anticipation.

So I pull into my space, saunter into the store, and ask the clerk, "How do I buy this?" She replies that it has to be ordered but it will arrive in two days. I think to myself-I can live with that. Bruce is going out of town in the morning for three days-Voila--when he arrives home we'll have a brand new bedroom. NOT! It turns out that it takes two days to process the order and between 7-10 days for it to arrive. Good grief, what kind of store is this anyway? I ponied up anyway.

Jonathan is making great strides with his move. He was treated like royalty by Matt's friends in Chicago. They invited him to a birthday party, and he got to meet the gang. From our conversation I learned that he and Alissa are going to ditch most of what they have, and ship what won't fit in the MINI. This seems like a great plan.

I must tell you that the pool temperature is divine at the moment. I do love to swim.

No comments:

A Low Level of Anxiety