Saturday, July 28, 2007

Stepping Into the Unknown

Indeed that is what I was doing. If you can imagine, it took me all day to load my pictures and music on the new computer. Of course it was because I didn't know what I was doing, but they are on there now. I had burned the pictures onto DVDs as I may have mentioned. Apparently, what that meant was that every photo I've taken in the last six months was on there, including all the originals that had been edited, so there were doubles on lots of them. All total it was about 5,000!!! For the first three discs I went back and sent the ones I didn't want into the trash, emptied it, but then I got weary of that and just continued the transfer.

I thought I had finally got the hang of it and that I was putting them into some sort of order. Not so. I was making albums when I probably should have been making folders. Consequently they are mostly in order of how I took them. One thing about that is that I think I can see some progression in my skills. As most of you know I've only been at this stuff since Christmas. I had always liked taking pictures yet never experimented because of cost. Camera Crazy was born when I got my "baby camera."

On the other hand, the music transfer was quick and easy. I downloaded (is that the right term?) 4,000 songs in no time at all. Literally, I worked on the photos for probably 12 hours.

Posting of photos to this site may be crazy until I sort things out.

When Carol and Hank were visiting they fell in love with darling Baxter--really, everyone who meets him does. They are visiting a breeder today in California to see about getting a Yorkie. You may not know how we acquired Baxter and that he is our first dog. He really belongs to Bill and Leanne--we only became his foster parents a little over a year ago. At any rate, C & H have only ever had cats. I think they will like having a dog; I know we certainly have. Of course, we did not have to do all the puppy work. BTW--David and Victoria Beckham live on Carol's street in Beverly Hills. She tells me the papparazi are swarming.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Where is this picture from?

A Week Ago Tuesday