Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm So Excited and I Just Can't Hide It


That about sums it up folks.

First off, I wanted to give you a closer look at the prints. I took this before I sold the front one. They look so professional and as I said--I could hardly believe it was my stuff.

Here's why I'm so excited: I was finishing making dinner when the phone rang. Unknownnumber. If you're like me you don't answer those calls. Well...it went to voice mail. A male voice said: This message is for Gail, I'm a friend of Ed and I saw your great pictures at his house this weekend. I snatched that baby off the hook--Hello, Hello, this is Gail. Yeah!--a referral. Ed is the man who bought five of my pieces as he'd had a house fire and had to start over. This new man was interested in my groupings of fruits and vegetables for his kitchen. Don't take this wrong please because I have a gay son. We've got that straight right? Anyway, they seem to visit each other's homes more than some folks and some of them (Matt would say I'm stereotyping) are interested in decorating their own homes. So how perfect is this?
He even asked what payment I take, and how long after he selected stuff would it take me to deliver. It sounds promising; you know that I'll keep you posted if it pans out as I hope. The more stuff I get out there the better--I hope that's how it works.

In another bit of good news: Maureen is attending a wedding shower for her friend's daughter on Saturday. She called this afternoon and said she'd like to buy a picture as her gift. I know what you are thinking--its your sister for crying out loud! You are right, but she seemed genuinely interested in giving her something unique. She came over after work to select. Her cell rang and it was the mother of the bride who happened to be in the vicinity. She popped over and helped Maureen select something! Can you believe it? Me, at age 53, selling things of my own making for the first time in my life. I read recently about a 54 year old woman whose novel produced a bidding war. Apparently if you are really passionate about something you can re-invent yourself.

Matt booked his ticket to come home for Christmas. He'll be home for a week. He may be here for my graduation although I can't find the date on the website. I do know I'll be having finals the week before Christmas.

Unrelated. David makes a lot of money as a stock broker but I wouldn't want to be in his shoes this week. What misery.

Before all the excitement of this afternoon I made a few CDs for the car. Here's who I put on one of the mixes:

Muse
Boxer Rebellion
Bishops
K's Choice
Kings of Leon
The Kooks
Kula Shaker
Ladytron
Lodger
Stephen Malkmus
The Charlatans
Manic Street Preachers
Mercury Rev
Milburn
The Charlatans
Neat people
Pete Yorn.
Good stuff.

3 comments:

e said...

Oh so sweet!! You have real talent and passion, and that's ageless. People respond to that. I'm not at all surprised that you're doing better and better.

Amaya said...

Congrats on the sale-potential. And what a great wedding gift idea!
K's Choice is a band I haven't heard of in a while. I like the song "Not An Addict". Used to listen to that all the time.

Gail Peck said...

Amaya--you've got my number--that's the exact song.

Back at the Homestead