Friday, August 31, 2007

Let the Intern Do It


First off here's the little cutie on the front porch after his haircut. I always let him get too long and I forget how adorable he is with a shearing. Alissa always puts that little scarf thing around his neck which I leave on for a day or two because it is so silly.

Speech should be good. My first impression of the professor and classmates is very good. She teaches at the University as well. Have I mentioned that the community college I attend is considered one of the top ten in the nation? Recently the New York Times
ran a piece that included Valencia. My experiences have been mostly very positive. If I had this blog a while ago though you would have had to read my rants about my Comp II professor. He was a man around my age, has his doctorate, and is worthless. I won't go into all the details, but he gave me a B which I felt was undeserved. So much so that I went all the way to the Provost. If you could have seen me trying to fight City Hall you would have laughed. I knew I wasn't going to win that fight when she said, "Now, you've earned a B", and my response was, "No, he gave me a B, I earned an A."

After Speech I headed over to the museum as tomorrow is opening day. I may have mentioned that the curator is extremely laid-back. She is very confident it will be ready by 10 in the morning! I spent some time cutting Velcro and placing it on the back of info plaques. She said she was sorry, she knew it was no fun cutting Velcro, but I said no problem. I'm going over in the morning to man the front desk for when visitors arrive. I've no idea how to run the cash register, I suspect I'll have to learn very quickly. Today's entertainment section of the paper ran a full page article about the show but neglected to mention it opens tomorrow. Apparently people were stopping by to see it, but as stated earlier, not ready for prime time just yet.

I've not heard from Jonathan how the new job is going; I'm assuming good things. Matt went to a Northwestern alumni event in London the other night. He met a couple there who lives just around the corner from him--very cool. As well, a student in the PhD program with him is studying abroad in Paris with a stopover in London to visit our Matthew. I know he will be excited to see familiar faces.

2 comments:

e said...

I think Baxter should be in charge of the velcro.

Amaya said...

Good for you - standing up to your teacher. So many bad teachers go unchecked. At least now that professor will have something on their record.

A Week Ago Tuesday