Sunday, September 16, 2007

Form Before Function


This is one of the first flower images I took with my brand new digital camera. As you may, or may not know, Bruce bought me the camera for Christmas, despite my objections. Because I wear reading glasses I could never see the tiny screen on his and thought it wasn't for me. He just knew that I would love it--we all know by now that he was right. I was taking photos just as soon as the battery was charged up. Matthew was home for Christmas and gave me a basic tutorial--there's been no stopping me since.

You've heard some of my little mottoes, well, form before function is one of Bruces. I've always said that September and October are the worst months for the brutal Florida heat, although it isn't necessarily the temperature, which hovers this side of 95, but the humidity. Today was no exception--whew, it was a scorcher. Bruce had a few errands to do for work which he did right after we were set up--he returned with a larger fan. Prior to today's purchase he was bringing this minuscule fan because he thought it looked cool. I'm hear to tell you it may have looked cool, but it did absolutely nothing to cool me off. We are much better equipped in that department now. He also HATES overhead lighting. He goes crazy if I turn one on in the bedrooms although I remind him repeatedly that sometimes I just need to see. Interesting chandeliers on a dimmer are an exception to the rule.

Last week the market manager told us we needed an occupational license--it was the first we'd heard of it. Bruce set the wheels in motion, and we now have a fictitious name registered with the state of Florida. In the morning I'll head down to the county office with my form in hand to secure the license.

We went to bed at 7:30 tonight because Bruce had to get up again and go out to one of the restaurants after they close to supervise some craftsmen that he's arranged to repair a lighting problem. I, of course, had no problem going to sleep as I was bushed. I never even heard Bruce get up and leave but our little Baxter woke me up with his whining. He needed to go out because it was only 9:45pm. I'm heading back to bed now--Sweet Dreams.

2 comments:

Amaya said...

Your first shot huh? I really like it.
Does Bruce have sensitivity to light? I prefer to have as many lights on as possible.

Gail Peck said...

Oh no, he just hates the look of overhead lighting!

A Low Level of Anxiety