Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fully Licensed



Now we have real documentation. Bruce did the hard part, I just showed up to the County office, signed some papers, and paid the $30. It's official now--Out & About Photography exists as a business!

Bill called on his way home from work and suggested I open a business checking account to keep good records for tax time. As you may recall, he is a licensed banker, qualified to give me good advice. Up until now I've used the account I had when I was working, but this makes sense; I'm meeting up with him at his branch this afternoon after my museum time. Before we meet though I'm having my highlights touched up, as of course, I've let them go too long. One thing is that I will never bleach my hair all over, I'm entirely too disinterested to keep the roots up.

Yesterday when Bill was opening an account for a young man his friend came in on the appointment. Idle chit chat led to the young man saying he played guitar. Bill reluctantly mentioned he did the same. His friend then said--hey, I know you, you're Bill Peck, the shredder, I've seen you in Guitar magazine! A nice moment for our Mr. Bill.

Bruce went to Virginia yesterday and he said there was definitely a nip in the air. It is still so hot here that it is easy to forget that for most of the country fall is just around the corner. We will have to start checking the weather before he leaves for his trips. He has lots of jobs going or starting soon and they are all mostly in cold country! He is one of the few Floridians to have about six coats. One year in Danbury, CT, there was 100 inches of snow during construction!!!

A lovely chat with our man in London yesterday afternoon.

Above, practice shot of one of my mom's antique serving forks; still working on perfecting it.

3 comments:

sarah said...

love the fork! what does it look like from the other angle, with the prongs towards the observer? too scarey?

e said...

Once a rockstart, always a rockstar!

Amaya said...

Congratulations on your business! Those are both huge accomplishments.

A Low Level of Anxiety