Monday, October 15, 2007

Exuberance II


Talk about fun--it was a joy to see this group perform. I loved their costumes, particularly the orange number.

Whew--Bruce and I got up at 4:30 this morning. As it turns out the alarm went off and instead of sleeping right through it I awoke. Good thing because then I could chat with Bruce before he took off until Thursday night. He just called and is driving from a restaurant in Virginia to one about 60 miles away in Maryland. He said I would never believe the traffic on the Washington DC beltway and he's probably right. I'm sure I wouldn't want to drive there.

Off to the little market early. Again the easy set up--the people are just great. The weather was a bit cloudy and I've not been able to get a good picture of the balloons soaring, but I will. It was fairly slow but aside from getting drowsy around 10 I did fine. I brought my school work writing my paper in longhand in between trying to lure customers. Honestly I'm no salesman--I just say hello. At the market yesterday Brad (gallery guy) said to me, "you probably thank people when they say your work is nice don't you?" Naturally I said yes. He says, "wrong answer!"

No comments:

A Low Level of Anxiety