Friday, October 12, 2007

It's Friday


Here's a shot of the living room. The truth is I hardly ever sit on these couches, however, they did come in handy when I was terribly sick. I never turn the TV on but I did then because I could do little else. At the time Maureen told me about a television station called Ovation. It's a great channel with arts programming. That said, they have gazillions of commercials for The Cancer Treatment Center of America or something like that. As you know, we were told that is what I had, so that was not so much fun. People give these testimonials about how great the place is, and how it was their last chance etc. I tuned those ads out. Hurray, the doctors were wrong.

I did watch Florida State lose to Wake Forest last night, something unthinkable when Matt was at FSU. WF used to be the dregs of the ACC but no longer.

Today I woke up puny gaining strength as the morning wore on. No clue about yesterday--whatever.

I finally heard from my speech professor that class was canceled for today. I was happy about that, but it now means that the mid-term, and historical speech are both next Friday. As well, I have to write a paper for film class,and take the mid-term on Wednesday. Normally I would have a start on the paper by now, but that class is so miserable that I'm not as motivated. I just completed my writing quiz on Vertigo.

Bruce got home last night and was kind enough to do the framing on the pictures for the gallery. Delivery is tomorrow.

My friend Dean, the newspaper columnist extraordinaire, gave me a little shout-out in the paper today, stating that he visited the art show and my excellent photography--whoa! He is on the board of the Maitland Art Center and bought a photograph from their gardens--an unexpected occurrence on both accounts.

New term for the weekend--"chillaxing."

2 comments:

e said...

I love it, chillax. Chillax, dude! Take a chillax pillax. I'm just chillaxing. This is a little too chillax for me. And so on.

Anonymous said...

So where is Saturday and Sunday girl? Beautiful living room, you have done a nice job.

Back at the Homestead