Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday, Monday



I am very lucky I don't have to make a living selling photographs as I'd surely be out on the streets by now! Yesterday the canvas sold, which was super--today nothing. Unfortunately, our produce people at the market need to sell all that they bring to market as they have SIX children, one with Downs Syndrome. We heard from our neighbor vendor that they had been at a festival the day before where they brought a trailer full of pumpkins that did not sell. It wasn't their fault, but the organizers who had called them several times urging them to bring scads. The bad news is that there was another group (?) giving them away at that same festival. Needless to say Jonathan and Amy had tons left over which you see here artfully arranged. I felt so terrible for them we bought two which, with this heat, will probably be rotten before Halloween.

It is 90 degrees today and I felt every degree of it this morning--probably adding to my not feeling very good right now. I have had some problems over the weekend, but have just kept going.

I was watching the FSU--Miami game Saturday evening when we left to meet with Michael and Jane for dinner. The game was close all the way through; we finally got it on the radio. There was a huge play when FSU stopped the Hurricanes on the two inch line and then the radio station cut out! It was just as well that I didn't see the last five minutes as our quarterback made some very costly mistakes which essentially gave the game away. Painful.

Bruce left this morning at 5 again for another very long week. I miss him terribly, but this spell will not last forever. I feel awful he has to work such long hours--some days it was 19!! Those of you who know Bruce know that he is capable of doing so and doing it well.

Pat and Ruth were kind enough to bring a crate over to Maureen this weekend for the dog. I think she has settled on the name "Gusto" which seems to suit him perfectly. In one week he has nearly driven her crazy with his boundless energy and curiosity. Of course she wouldn't want a dull dog but she would like to have a little peace back in her home. He apparently went in the crate willingly and she could finally relax.

1 comment:

Amaya said...

I love this picture. Great lines.

A Low Level of Anxiety