Monday, October 8, 2007

Up, Up, and Away


Big rain out yesterday at the market which was actually fine by us. Aside from the fact that the garage is filled with the tent etc. drying out we were glad to have the rest after Saturday. We had barely set it all up when the first raindrops fell, by the time we got it all torn back down and home it was pouring. Bruce took a two and a half hour nap and I started in on some homework.

Good news--Jonathan got all of Matt's things out of storage in Chicago! Consequently they finally slept in a real bed last night. They are going to have a darling place because as you already know Matt is a decorating genius. He has the most amazing things and now Jonathan and Alissa get to use them. How awesome is that?

Bad news--I missed Matt's call yesterday. He has some deal whereby he calls me using his computer for free. We can chat as long as we want. Apparently we were outside dealing with our stuff. I miss him.

More good news--I was approached about going to a new market on Monday mornings at a golf resort out by Disney. It turns out there are 1,000 villas there. Because there was no cost to me, and I don't have class on Monday, I thought what the heck. Well, it was super great. It was only 2 1/2 hours long but they did almost everything for us. I brought just two baskets of prints, my tabletop easel, another easel that holds prints, and there you go. They not only put up a tent for the vendors but provided tables, cloths, water, and food. There were not a lot of customers but I did sell seven prints which would have still been in the basket had I not gone. Amazing how easy they made it for me.

I met with Mr. Roger tonight about replenishing my supply of prints tonight,and the rest of the week I can think about school. Oh yeah, I've got to get frames for those prints for the gallery by Friday. That seems doable.

I left super early this morning because I was unsure about the traffic-- no worries there. Good thing though because I was able to see hot air balloons going up on the other side of the resort. You are seeing what I saw at 7:40 this morning. Hope you've had a good weekend and this week you will soar.

1 comment:

e said...

Thanks for good wishes - I love the picture!

Back at the Homestead