Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Half Yearly Sale


Currently listening to "Sofia" by Good Shoes on last.fm--good Britpop!

I was determined not to miss the half-yearly sale at Nordstrom like I did the anniversary sale. I am a huge fan of Skagen watches and they always have some on sale nearly half price. My trusty silver one could not be fixed, thus I needed a new one. I am all about sales. I got a new one with a black face, but it does not have the mesh band I so like. This one is good though. I also bought some new jeans and two tops. When I chatted with Bruce he was thrilled I felt like going.

First thing I did this morning was to write my concert review for my Music Appreciation class. I neglected to tell you that I went to a piano concert on Saturday night at Rollins College. The performer was Jean-Phillipe Collard if that means anything to you--it didn't to me. I was disappointed with the experience partly because I didn't particularly like the music; although technically proficient,(he is an international performer after all) he displayed no personality. I've never been to a live music performance when the star does not say one word to the audience--not even one!! Even if he doesn't speak English he could have at least said merci for crying out loud. Maybe this is typical, I don't know, but it made for a very sterile evening. The best piece was the encore.

I'm all set up at Darden. I hope the other folks don't consider me an interloper. We'll see what people think at 7 in the morning.

Much to my delight, the weather continues to be perfect

Time to walk Baxter before I leave for class; I hope I can stay awake until 10. Actually after class I have to stop by Mr. Roger's house to pick up some prints! Only five more weeks to go.

Happy Birthday Judy--my dear sister-in-law of 34 years now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Back at the Homestead