Thursday, November 29, 2007

It's All in Your Head


Forgive me if I've already shown you my nifty shoes I bought to take photos in. That does sound silly, but I don't care to wear regular tennis shoes around much and these work great walking through wet grass, and wherever else my photographic adventures take me.

Last night after watching Memento I heard the Gorillaz song that has that lyric in it--it's all in your head. As those of you who've seen that film know there is a large part of the story line that relates to that thought.

When you have not felt well for as long as I have without any definitive diagnosis many people begin to think it's all in the head. I wonder about that same thing myself. I keep thinking that if I ignore the symptoms they will go away. If I don't think about them, or talk about them, they will go away. I have several good days when it seems as if I can put this dreadful year and a half behind me, only for the dry heaves to resurface. I'm really at my wits end some days. I've spent time puzzling about what could be making this happen to me--is it really all in my head? I have not found any reason for this to be the case. I've kept busy doing something I love and all of you know how great Bruce and I get along. What, oh what is the answer?

Have I mentioned how warm it's been? I took this photo this morning--as you can see I'm wearing shorts.

Maureen's car is finally being released by the sheriff's department. She called this evening looking for a ride tomorrow to Deland which is about 45 miles from here. Tomorrow will be two weeks since she discovered it's absence. We still have no idea regarding the car's condition.

Bruce returns tomorrow evening--hallelujah!

2 comments:

Amaya said...

Ooh! So what did you think of Memento?
Cute shoes.

e said...

You know, when doctors can't figure it out, they say it might be in your head. I think they said that to Dee at some point, and she ended up needing a hip replacement. Keep after them until they figure it out.

A Week Ago Tuesday