Saturday, December 1, 2007

A Foggy Day


Maureen and I set off for Deland around 10, this photo finds us on the interstate. It is rare that we have fog here; it almost never hangs around, but yesterday was an exception. On the drive I had Maureen read my speech a few times so I would be more familiar with it. You see I didn't realize I was to give it at 1 until the previous night. It finally dawned on me! Fortunately I'd written it a few days earlier. I had to do the dreaded outline from the text---you remember how bad I am at outlines but no Bruce at home to help. By the way--it was a persuasive speech about breast implants.

Our drive was uneventful, we arrived around 11. As luck would have it Maureen got the nicest helper in the place. The other two were stiff, and unfriendly. As a matter of fact I left Maureen in her hands to do the paperwork; I found out later that she just talked and talked. The whole affair has been filled with miscues making it was nice to hopefully end on a good note. The car appears fine and the robbers were even kind enough to leave a full tank of gas.

I booked it back to Winter Park arriving at campus about 15 minutes early. Well......our professor arrived one HOUR late. She called around 1:15 saying she was on her way arriving 45 minutes later. During our wait time in the hallway the students got to know each other a little better. As well, because I don't go anywhere without both of my cameras I went to the car to get the FZ8 and convinced a few of the students to let me practice portraits. I've posted a few on flickr. Tyran's transformation after cutting off shoulder length dreadlocks is amazing. He has great cheekbones which he hid with his hair. It hung in his face most days so no one realized how handsome he is. If I were his mom I would want a few of the ones I took.

Those of us who stayed gave our speeches--some pretty good, some not so much. Furthermore we were rewarded with the final being e-mailed to us--all we have to do is answer an essay question and send it her way. Yeah! No more speech class for me. I'm struggling at the moment with a listening exercise in music. There are six pieces of music that I'm supposed to identify by mood, place would be performed, composer, and era. I've listened several times, but I'm still pretty much mystified.

We're going to a Christmas party tonight--I need to make myself presentable.

No comments:

A Week Ago Tuesday