Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year



Sparkles and Champagne for the New Year.

We had a marvelous time last night with the Harrisons and the Goldbergs at Antonio's last night. Orlando is a casual town but last night people dressed up a bit. I wore a black velveteen dress that had spent about two years in my closet unworn which proved to be comfy. I hate to wear dresses that leave you cold or uncomfortable. Our dinner was wonderful, the conversation lively and the wine superb. After our meal we went to the Michael and Jane's for fireworks. They've been through South Carolina lately bringing back spectacular fireworks. Michael placed them on the dock in rows lighting the bunch at midnight. Other's were doing the same around the lake which made for a brilliant start to the new year.

Bruce brought home not one, but two, tripods for my birthday. I was thrilled spending the next hour or more practicing. One has bendable legs for my baby camera, the other can elevate to about 4 feet. I was finally able to take a good picture of the full tree which pleased me very much. Jonathan was wanting to see how it looked.

Speaking of which, it is down now. I woke up around 7 and went straight to work. I've already told you how fragrant it was and I wanted to keep it up for that but it was time to straighten up. I always like to start the new year with things organized and as neat as possible.

Much to my surprise I received three different renditions of the Happy Birthday song. I mentioned Jon and Alissa, later Michelle and Dave called singing away and when we got home there was yet another version by Lisa on the answering machine! Both Carol and Pat called with well wishes, as did Matt. Thank you to everyone. I'm humbled by the attention.



----------------
Now playing: Muse - Supermassive Black Hole
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Amaya said...

Ah, an explanation of the tripods. That's great that you got 2!!!

Back at the Homestead