Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Do You Agree?


Try This at Home
Every family has it's adages as far as life goes. Kitchen wisdom is usually passed on, be it true or false. I remember our mother putting oil in the boiling water to keep pasta from sticking together. I've been skipping this route of late with no sticking problem. I wonder if that came about when people were cooking pasta to near death. I'm glad to see he's given the ok to rinsing mushrooms. I try not to but I'm with him, a little moisture is preferable to dirt.

Used to be we learned most things from our families and teachers; seems like today there are experts on everything. That includes lots and lots of useless information. The more information available the more suspect it becomes in my book. How about all the health information bombarding us daily? Our paper wastes a whole day in the Living section on alleged new health information--like you should exercise. Duh? Speaking of myths, I've recently read that drinking eight glasses of water a day will only make you have to run to the bathroom, no particular health benefits at all. Today one thing will prolong your life, tomorrow it's something else. All the drug advertisements on television and in print for various ailments are enough to convince anyone they have a problem. It's sick, which is a bit of irony wouldn't you say?

The prints are on their way to Gainesville which is a big accomplishment. This morning I wrote out the inventory and a consignment agreement. I believe I mentioned that they are paying the shipping costs didn't I? I can hardly believe this is really happening. I mean, can you imagine my prints are going into a store? Whether or not they will sell only time will tell.

This morning I felt well enough to take Baxter to the Urban Wetlands Park near the house. For those of you unfamiliar with Florida, these are Cypress trees that grow along the shore in water. The water is covered with a green growth which I cannot remember the name of. My geology professor mentioned how it is good for the water but how, or why, I can't recall. At any rate, it is somewhat surreal looking--kinda like green ice. It must multiply like crazy as it was not there on our last visit. It's a great place for him to get his exercise; of course my camera accompanied us. The bird is a blue heron--notice the very long legs--designed to walk in water looking for food.

Bruce's turnover in Virginia went beautifully this morning--no surprise there. He insists it is not true, but he's the best Project Manager at the company. I'm not the only one who thinks so either.

----------------
Now playing: Oasis - Let There Be Love
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

A Low Level of Anxiety