Friday, March 7, 2008

Much Maligned


Here's a picture of a glass sculpture in front of City Hall which has enjoyed much criticism over the years. I took this last week and e-mailed it to a friend who is a newspaper columnist at our paper. He abhors the sculpture but responded by saying I almost made it look nice.

Bruce is finally home with another Friday night passing without our customary date. He has been working so hard that he's just exhausted. To tell you the truth I'd just as soon cook at home. Whenever we go out to eat I'm almost always stymied by the choices and usually order something at the last minute. Frequently I'm disappointed with my choice. That said I do like to be out and about enjoying the ambiance at various hot spots around town. Maybe tomorrow night.

Today I took Bruce's dental cleaning appointment because he had to drive down to Vero Beach early. After I returned I called Trish (Mr. Roger's wife) and convinced her to brave our stormy weather and go to IKEA. She'd never been and I promised her I'd take her. The day was so gloomy but I told her there was enough silly stuff at IKEA to make her smile. The first trip to IKEA is always overwhelming; we managed to leave there with only cinnamon rolls for me.

Before she got to the house I received an e-mail from someone I met at the art show two weeks ago who is putting together activities for a convention in October. The upshot is if I am chosen I'll be PAID to show up and sell my photographs. I had completely forgotten our meeting until I heard from her I am embarrassed to say. Usually when someone discusses something like this with me at the market/show I respond to them within a day to keep communication going. I am thrilled she did not lose my card and hope it works out. I'll definitely keep you posted. Orlando is one of the prime convention destinations hosting large shows all the time. Many months ago someone suggested I try and hook up with some convention people which is another thing I'd forgotten until this reminder.

Congratulations to our son Bill! Last evening while driving to what he thought was a bank get together, he called me complaining bitterly about the traffic he was stuck in, among other things. I was optimistic, trying to convince him life was not so bad. About two hours later he called back to tell me the gathering was an awards ceremony and he was the recipient of "Rookie of the Year" award for Wachovia in Seminole County, the location of his branch. How about that? He is a hard worker; this is a wonderful recognition of his efforts. Aren't we lucky parents? Our children have turned out so well. I apologize if that sounds like bragging. Today people wait so long to have children hoping that they can provide them with all the advantages money can buy. We, on the other hand, started our family when we were 23. By the time I was 29 we had four children. I'm not saying that they couldn't have had more material things but somehow our provisions and love brought them to this place in life. I am so grateful for what they have become.

Thankfully Finster is improving slowly.


----------------
Now playing: Hot Chip - Over and Over
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Back at the Homestead