Skip to main content

Vim, Vigor, Vitality--Vanished!



For whatever reason when I'm not feeling good my voice also drops many octaves. Yesterday afternoon both Bill and Maureen heard that familiar tone so I suppose I could add voice to the above list. But I don't intend to stay this way! Yesterday the temperature was only 60, high humidity, and windy gusts. Not a winning combination in Florida. Northerners think it's just fine, to us wimpy Floridians it is cold! I'd worn a jacket to the little market but not heavy enough. Fortunately another vendor lent me a heavy jacket, while another one got a blanket and socks from her car. Nice, huh? Nonetheless, something about the cold just pierces me contributing to my downfall. Today is a new day with promise of recovery. We'll all been through this before with my mystery illness.

I've included my booth showing off the new banner Mr. Roger made for me. Fun isn't it? Those guys pictured were browsing my baskets for ideas to try out at home, a pretty typical occurrence. As you can see, I've got the canvases all over the place anticipating the show this coming weekend. It promises to be a pretty big hassle because we've got some fun activities scheduled around it, but hopefully it will be worth it.

Those activities are: "Spamalot", and Wrestlemania 24. Matthew and David bought tickets for Bruce for Christmas; I need not tell you who bought which. Friday night is Spamalot, Sunday evening is Wrestlemania. I'm not included in the Wrestlemania contingent (fortunately), but Spamalot should be great fun.

Our sister in law Judy has promised to help, as has Lisa. Lisa will bring the van on Sunday and we'll have to take it all down the best we can because Bruce needs to be in Orlando by 6:30. Let's hope that there won't be as much to take home as we brought! The show is in Deland, a small college town about thirty miles from here. If I feel better today I may drive up there to get a feel for the place. You may recall I shot the How Soon is Now? graffiti there by happy accident. It's now my third best selling photo behind a sunset and beach flowers. Something about that image appeals to all ages. Maybe because it's fun street art rather than angry?

After the market on Sunday we met with some of our managers friends for a birthday celebration. Susan, the birthday girl, works in PR for Universal Studios and is in charge of this weeks The Ellen DeGeneres show being filmed there. Apparently, according to Susan, Ellen is a delightful woman when not performing. (Celebrity News II--one of the men that stopped by the booth is a videographer for the Mary J. Blige/ Jay-Z tour that was here last night--more praise for a star(MJB) from him)

We also popped up to Maria and Dominic's condo on the sixth floor for a glass of wine. I took this Easter sunset from their balcony. She is the designer of the condo staging, talk about delightful.... They met through a dating service called "Let's Do Lunch" several years ago. Did I already tell you the story of how they met for that fateful lunch at a Bahama Breeze built by Bruce about (?) eight years ago? Small world huh?
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bodies of Water

Raise your hand if you think you can identify the location of this lovely scene? Before our excursion on Saturday, I certainly would have kept my arm straight by my side because I would have had no clue. This is the park on the shores of East Lake Tohopekaliga in downtown St. Cloud, Florida. I've included Florida because there is a town named the same in Minnesota, not far from a restaurant Bruce built, and there might just be someone from Minnesota that comes across this blog and thinks, that's not my town! 
At any rate, Bruce's superintendent in Plano is doing a fabulous job which means Mr. Peck is not having to kill himself, performing as both Project Manager, and the field Super. It's about time that he got a bit of a break, so when I asked him if he was up for a Saturday excursion to St. Cloud, he agreed. Both of us have driven by the exit to this little town on countless occasions, but never had either of us actually been there before. 28 miles from Orlando, it i…

And Just Like That....

another weekend has arrived! My, how the time flies when you are old. The date for our move to Vancouver in early July just keeps getting closer and closer! In the meantime, we are staying busy.

Matt and Tom have an anniversary coming up, yes, it has been three years already at the end of the month. You will not be surprised that I made a quilt to honor the occasion which I sent a week or so ago, thinking it would take some time. You never really know. In this instance it took only one week and since I sent it to Matt's workplace, he opened it right up and sent me a text to say he loved it! That was a relief because it is a little different than some quilts I've made. When I had only the top pieced Bruce was a little skeptical of the end result, however, after the addition of spiral quilting, and ORANGE binding, he was a convert!
For a touch of whimsy, I used a fabric with drawn kitty cats for Tom. The beginning of the spiral is somewhat sketchy, but I did the best that I coul…

A Haircut, a House for Sale, and Fathers Day Too

Remember that big-haired blogger from the last post? She is now a sleek bobbed blogger thanks to Monica's expert work on Friday afternoon.
I can assure you, I was not able to style it perfectly this morning, however, I was not too far off, which is a huge relief. Seriously, every time I tell her I'm never going to make it happen, and most times I'm right, but she explained it is all in the cut this time. Speaking of cut, claiming it is more hair than she has on her head, Monica insisted I photograph this mass of hair, including a large amount of from using the thinning shears. Merely genetics, I have some gray hair, but not much, but it sure shows up in this pile, doesn't it?
Gray hair is so weirdly stiff and unruly, or at least that is how it is on my head! Folks with thin hair wish they had more, and thick haired folks like myself wish I had less!

Woo hoo, ceilings done, along with most of the paint. Most, because they have to return for the baseboards once Scott fin…