Monday, April 7, 2008

April Showers


As the title implies, we had showers, not just puny showers, I'm talking massive, tent and display destroying storms, which Bruce saw at least twelve when he arrived on Sunday morning to set things right in our tent. It was sad. That said, we could have made out much worse than we did. Friday night it sprinkled while setting up the tent, but the real rains came around 2 on Saturday. I was by myself after Bruce got things hung, and managed pretty well closing the tent. Unfortunately I did not manage so well conducting business. Dave tells me not to beat myself up over it, so I'm trying not to, but I screwed up two of the credit card sales. Two ladies will soon be surprised to know they got their prints for free.

I did meet a really nice woman during one of the storms--she holed up in my tent with me for about half an hour; we chatted like we'd known each other forever. Another neat thing is seeing folks who don't know what I'm doing these days. Several former Valencia classmates, old high school classmates, some of the kid's friends, and two of the doctor's I worked with came by the booth. My friend, Dr. Tom Quinn, and his wife Teresa were so complimentary. I think I've mentioned that I used to do all the doctor's wives mammograms,she was no exception. He is one of the best radiologists I ever worked with in my 30+ years taking x-rays, which just between you and me, pays much better than my current gig.

Lisa came to help out on Sunday and what a huge help she was. She handled the transactions ensuring everything was done correctly. Unfortunately she didn't use up too much energy with that task leaving plenty for the real work--taking it all down in the driving rain, carrying things to the van(about a block away I might add), in general working alongside Bruce like a trooper. I did not stand idly by mind you, but I'm no match for Lisa in the strength department these days.

Enough said about the show.

I forgot to tell you that Maureen went to Peru for a week, returning around 2:30AM today. I missed her terribly as I'm so used to talking to her nearly every day. She has graciously assumed the role of family matriarch.

Danny is doing remarkably well following surgery. He went home so darn quick I never even got flowers ordered! He and Lisa are two tough cookies.

My HIDA scan is scheduled for tomorrow at noon. What say they discover the source of my problems, shall we?

2 comments:

sarah said...

good luck tomorrow, gail. I hope they are kind and helpful.

Gail Peck said...

Thank you for thinking of me. I hope I wasn't too whiny in this post.

So This is Springtime