Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Couldn't Wait Around for Vanna



Laura asked for a view of the new dining room, and what Laura wants, Laura gets. In this picture it seems almost comical that a half wall separates two dining tables--I just wanted to include Mr. Baxter!

I took the Nikon over to Leu Gardens to get the feel of it. May I just tell you that it is already HOT at 9 AM? Pulling up to the near empty parking lot, I noticed a semi and little else. I thought possibly the gardens were closed--that was not the case. The semi and a crew of around 100 were filming promo spots for Wheel of Fortune with Miss Vanna White doing the copy. I encountered numerous folks sporting the WOF lanyard , toting huge pieces of equipment; Vanna, however, remained out of sight to your reporter. Apparently, if I'd hung around longer, the next shoot was right near the exit, but as I say, it was hot and air conditioning beckoned.

Being the President is a pretty thankless job; you'd never know it though by the slug fest going on. Make them stop!

I'm not sure what I think of the Nikon yet. I wish I'd had my own camera today because I went to the arid garden which I'd never visited. Leu Gardens is quite a treasure for Orlando. The rose garden is one of the largest in the SE, a white garden, tropical garden, massive flower clock, home demonstration garden, and more. Have I already told you that David and Michelle's wedding reception will be held in the stately home on the property?

Okay, so back to the arid garden. Not only is there a Plumeria tree in bloom (flower used to make Hawaiian leis) but a Coral tree, native to Argentina, the gnarled trunk grows at a 45 degree angle to the ground with gorgeous, dangling, scarlet colored flowers; I'm not as confident with the loaner, consequently, the beauty may be hard to realize with the pictures I took.

My friend Kelly has a Canon Rebel XT which is on tap for tomorrow. I'm pretty lucky people trust me with their equipment. Just barely contemplating a DSLR--this way I can give both a real test. That said, I hate to get involved in the Canon/Nikon war. People are always asking what kind of camera I use; I proudly tell them I use a Panasonic. After all, Matt has one, and by now you know as well as I do that there is no reason to dispute Matt's picks--he's never been wrong as long as I can remember. A disclaimer though--he used to use a Canon.

Have I told you I think the B12 is helping? It seems incredible that a vitamin deficiency could have such negative effects on a body until you think about scurvy.

----------------
Listening to: The Bees - Got To Let Go
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new dining area!

Amaya said...

I'm so glad to hear the B12 is helping!

So This is Springtime