Friday, June 27, 2008

More Daisies




My latest challenge--trying to get a good shot of a red daisy I purchased this morning at Publix. It seems crazy how many tries it takes to get it right. I suppose if I was really something I'd have special lights etc. but as it is I try to use natural light when I can. These daisies have no interest in standing upright I can tell you that. There were five in the bunch and all of them bow down if you will. This is not a shot I'll be able to sell but I found it interesting and hope you do too.

That's one of my discoveries, people love daisies. They especially love daisies when you can present them with extreme contrasts. This one is still a work in progress.

Maria came for lunch today and we had such fun. Our intention was to go to a restaurant up the street, my treat, as she's been so helpful to me, selling my canvases and purchasing two herself. I'm so thrilled I met her, not because of the aforementioned, but because she is such fun. When she arrived I said, "what do you think of BLTs?" She said, "perfect, let's stay here." I normally never entertain without prior planning, but it worked because she is so easy to be around. Her life has been completely different than mine except for one thing, we both have four children. Now that may sound sorta silly these days as all of our sons are men, but they'll always be my children to me. We've both been blessed to be moms.

Remember how I said you never know what will happen next? It's so true. I thought this week had been fairly uneventful compared to some but I'm now thinking I've brought some happiness into another's life. I received an e-mail from some folks late this afternoon regarding a picture of their dog I took at the market. To make a long story short, I found it after some searching, bringing a bit of joy with the discovery. Apparently the dog has had surgery since the photograph. The dog's had recent surgery on his legs and the woman remembered the dog as running when I shot the pictures. she was right--some of them were blurry, but I found a few that seemed to work for them.

I'm feeling very bad for our Dave right now--being a stock broker can be a good thing, but then again, it can be pretty challenging.

Mr. Bruce has arrived home wanting to take me on a date--who could resist that kind of offer?


----------------
Listening to: Bird, Andrew - The Naming of Things
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

So This is Springtime