Thursday, June 26, 2008

Resident Snake


I imagine most yards have one of these black snakes, I know Lisa has one that hangs around her yard. The only place I ever really see it is on the front porch when he (?) travels from one bed to another. The mat in the foreground was out drying from yesterdays terrific storm. After some strong winds the rain began with intense thunder and lightening, really some of the loudest booms I've heard in a long time. As is usually the case, it cleared up nicely by the time Kristen came to get me for dinner. We used to work together at the hospital and have kept in contact. After much deliberation we went to a nice pizza place on Church Street . Turns out it was $3 wine night with refills for ten cents. The amazing thing was that they served nice wines for that price.

I've gotten over my crankiness, thank you very much. So far today I've taken Baxter for a nice walk at a local park, did some necessary shopping, mowed the lawn, and cleaned the pool. Not bad huh?

It's that time again--another calendar contest for the City of Orlando. Thank you to my editors for helping me choose the three I will enter. I'm going to deliver them to City Hall shortly. Although we'd been looking out for a notice, neither Maureen or I had seen one. Fortunately I picked up a little local paper on Saturday with the announcement. I immediately went out to shoot some pictures; because the neighborhood is only about two miles from me it was no problem. When I enter these contests I obviously hope to be picked, but the first step is choosing the correct photos to enter which can prove difficult. We'll see what the judges think in a few months.

As well, I applied for the Winter Park Autumn Art Festival yesterday. It's all done online for many shows now, and again when you are sending in three images it is so hard to choose. I've no real expectation of getting into this show, but I figure because people are always asking me if I've done Winter Park I can say I tried.

Bruce should be home from Connecticut in a few hours--yeah.

----------------
Listening to: Blur - Tender
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Listening to: Blur - Girls & Boys
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Listening to: Blur - This Is A Low
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

A Low Level of Anxiety