Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Fun in the Sun


New Ideas
Caeli Quinn
Two links today--one about mosquitoes (a favorite topic on this blog), and one describing a bike ride to raise awareness, and funds for climate change research.

The mosquito story needs no explanation, the bike one does.

Last evening my friend, Tom Quinn, called from his summer home in Whitefish, Montana. He has since retired, but I worked with him for ten years at the hospital--come to think of it, I have too, at least for the time being. At any rate, we caught up on news from here and there. He told me about his daughter organizing this ride and I thought I'd pass it along. Although Caeli was raised as a rich girl she's lived anything but since leaving college. As her profile states, she has been everywhere leading bike trips. Her wedding last year should have been profiled in the NYTimes "Vows" column for its' unconventionality. The guests were in boats in the middle of a river in Glacier National Park, dressed a costume of their choice. I can't remember the details regarding the reception, but I do remember they had a blast. Rather than spend the budget given to her by her parents on the wedding she chose to take the rest in cash to build a small "green" house. When I mentioned Jonathan was now certified in LEED he knew all about it from Caeli. The site is impressive, allowing for donations if you're interested.

The air conditioner is fixed, it was only a clogged drain pipe. I'm sure, given the time, Mr. Bruce could have fixed it. Aside from car repairs, there isn't a whole lot he can't make better.

When Bruce is traveling I often send him a picture of the day although I'd been slowing down because he has been in e-mail jail for quite a while now (usually a backlog of 200+). He asked me to bring it back so while mowing the lawn I thought, how about if I set the tripod up along with the self-timer and see what I could do. This was my first attempt because as you can see my hair is dry. It sure was fun!

----------------
Listening to: Basement Jaxx - Jus 1 Kiss [The Isley Bootleg]
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Listening to: Basement Jaxx - Romeo [Acoustic]
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Back at the Homestead