Friday, August 22, 2008

Clean Up Phase



Finally a small break in the rain---just enough time for me to start the clean up.Last evening was probably the worst of the storming with serious rain and wind battering the trees as you can see. The backyard has a big branch from our neighbor's tree and the front walk holds all the debris I could gather from our front yard. These are the times that try home owner's souls. Why, oh why, do we live on a corner lot? I got the lawn mowed in time for the rain to begin again. Bruce will need to take over from here, a chain saw is not something I've mastered.

When I looked out around 8 last night I saw one of the patio chairs had blown into the pool. I've been calling Lisa around 9 each morning to get the forecast because you already know how I feel about the tv people. Of course there's nothing I can do about whatever is going to happen, but just the same, I want to know if there is an end in sight. The storm itself is nothing like some we've had, but it just won't seem to go away. After Hurricane Charley it took a small army to get the yard in shape again, including some who were not thrilled to be called into action.

The thing about that hurricane, aside from no power for over five days, losing all our food in the refrigerator and freezer, and our staghorn getting crushed, was no internet for 17 days. Yes, it was dreadfully hot, but after power resumed we put that behind us, the cable however was another story. I'd probably go crazy if that happens again any time soon, either that, or go to the library. Of course, then I'd have to remember the multitude of passwords that keep me going at home.

Bruce's flight arrived around 11:30 last night; he claims it wasn't too bad until just before landing, thank goodness. I, of course, was fast asleep when he arrived.

We're going to try going out this evening so I must get ready.



----------------
Listening to: Stereophonics - Lying In The Sun
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

feasting-on-pixels (terrie) said...

Hope that all is well, cher Gail, and that your weather is better this day.

A Low Level of Anxiety