Saturday, August 9, 2008

Olympics


A Spectacle to Behold
Let's just say at the outset that I love the Olympics. Last evening we attended an art opening at the gallery where I may be featured, however, we didn't stay too long because I was dying to see the opening ceremonies. It did not disappoint, in fact, poor Bruce had to listen to me ooohing, and aaahing at every new scene. I'm so sorry we missed the lighting of the torch, as well as the drummers, but what we saw was magnificent. Because television viewing is so seldom done around here I'd forgotten ours is not working too great. The picture freezes making for a bit of a jarring viewing experience; this may force us to get a new one.

I am missing my Brucer.

Jonathan sent me an e-mail yesterday asking if I was going to do the 8/08/08 thing on flickr. I'd spent some time trying to get the most interesting shot of this gerbera daisy and hadn't thought too much about it. He reminded me how much he'd loved what I did with 7/07/07, I figured why not. Only thing is that I didn't realize that the group only wanted one photograph instead of eight. Nearly taxing my creativity, I used the kitchen for inspiration, checking all the drawers and cabinets for sets of eight. I shot pictures in every room chasing the best light. I decided to pull out the California Raisins again for some fun. The last photo shows all eight laying on the pool float. I left them there all night and just a few minutes ago I looked out the window, seeing the float on the pool deck. An hour or so ago a huge wind came up blowing it out of the pool. What's so amazing is that the raisins landed up in the bushes rather than in the pool. One is still MIA but I'm sure I'll find it in the ferns.

Have you ever noticed how when people are complimenting a painter they say--wow, it looks like a photograph? Conversely, a photographer's best compliment is--wow, it looks like a painting. Wonder why this is?

I've just made a summer fruit salad for dinner including: bing cherries, peaches, pears, blueberries, and green grapes--it's beautiful.

No comments:

A Low Level of Anxiety