Monday, October 20, 2008

April 21st

That was the last day it was as cool as yesterday morning--what a relief to think that the worst of the heat is behind us. The windows are all open today, the wind chimes are twinkling in the gentle breeze, and the sun is shining brightly in the most incredibly blue sky. Is it any wonder that the population of Florida has more than doubled in the last thirty years when there are days like these to look forward to for the next six months?

The market was jam packed with people yesterday including buyers. I had a very good sales day, which needless to say, was wonderful. What was almost even more wonderful was that we were not drenched in sweat! I took this image of a swan the other day at Lake Eola. Are there any birds more graceful than swans? I love to see them gliding along with their feathers all on display.



Sharing with you what I see is a delight for me. Here is an example of an incredible new flower that I've found in someone's yard nearby. It is almost as if this bloom doesn't know what it wants to be, pink, or white. I believe it is part of the fabulous hibiscus family of flowers.



Once it opens:



I took Maureen on a shopping spree in the food section of Big Lots for her 60th birthday. We both agreed that a treasure hunt is a great outing. One of the products we came across is Israeli couscous (sometimes called pearl), a side dish that is served at Seasons 52. I've been looking for this exact size ever since I tried it there. Because we both mostly cook for one, we shared the package. So many other goodies, so little space to describe them all.

I read last week that our school system is banning peanut butter in elementary school cafeterias because of allergies. When, I ask you, did so many people become allergic to peanuts? I was relieved to read that children will still be allowed to bring pb&j from home. I'm wondering when it became fashionable for the minority to rule?

Trish invited me to go with her to see our next President and his former rival when they appear downtown by the arena this evening. After reading all the stringent rules however, I've decided to just go to the little market instead. No water, no chairs, no anything really. Although I said the weather is pleasant, standing in the sun for hours with a huge crowd doesn't work for me. What would be great is hearing him speak and the energy of the event. I'm sure I don't need to tell you it is Mr. Obama and Mrs. Clinton of whom I speak.

Of all things, when Dave and Michelle came to the market yesterday, I learned that on Friday, the organizer of the show I was in (along with 39 other artists!) was a client of his. The man asked Dave if he had a relative in town named Gail Peck. In fact, he does, his loving momma, although I suspect he didn't use those exact words. It's a small world after all.

No comments:

So This is Springtime