Friday, October 10, 2008

Is the End Near?

After my annual doctor's appointment today I headed over to Winter Park. My visit went fine with no outward signs of malady. The office is near the new Whole Foods in town where beginning in November there will be yet another place for me to peddle my wares. I'm pretty sure I mentioned this, forgive me if I'm repeating myself, the powers that be at WF contacted Dana about running an outdoor market. Negotiations ensued with Dana signing on to the deal. I won't be able to bring my tent however she's got a place all picked out for me under the awning. I didn't have time to go through the store but I now understand the parking lot. They have already begun advertising in our weekly newspaper magazine with local listings of things to see and do. Excellent.

So, on to Winter Park we go. Here is an image of the front elevation of the boutique, cute huh? The owner, as I've previously mentioned, is just as cute as her store. And, get this...she drives a Vespa! We both like down-sized transportation!



Amazingly one of the canvases I brought went perfectly with a display she'd just put together. Look how great that hibiscus looks with the top and orange bag on the shelf. It was almost surreal that she'd already put the combination together and in I walk with an accent piece. That orange bag is too die for isn't it?


Yet another day of stock market losses. Is the end near? No one seems to know. Michelle described it like the movie Groundhog Day, every miserable day repeating itself. This is not any fun.

On a happier note the wedding shower is tomorrow night. I checked with Michelle and at some point she did the Macys thing but never told anyone. Leave it to super sleuth Judy to uncover. She's not interested in anything on there; probably at the time she thought it was the thing to do. Laura, our niece will be joining us for the drive there after arriving from St. Petersburg. We've got a bit of a drive when we can all catch up; once we get there it will probably be a little crazy. Apparently thirty five guests have done the RSVP thing making me wonder how she will have time to open all the gifts.She may have past training in this sport from childhood Christmases.

Tonight Mr. Bruce and I have a different date than is our norm. Bruce was given court side seats to the Magic game tonight with a parking voucher included as well. Because it is preseason and they are playing Moscow, no less, there will probably be many empty seats. One thing about that is you can hear the players grunt and their sneakers squeaking on the floor. And of course there is the possibility that we will end up on television if you watch closely.

----------------
Listening to: Aretha Franklin - People Get Ready
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

A Low Level of Anxiety