Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Driving Queen

Yesterday morning I had a brilliant idea that I would deliver some gifts before getting to the museum. It didn't work quite the way I intended but all's well that ends well. Karen was very understanding when I arrived 45 minutes late!!!

I left the house with what seemed like adequate time, but I was seriously wrong. The interstate was backed up at my entrance, so I decided to take Orange Blossom Trail which pretty much runs parallel to the interstate. The drive was pretty speedy although at some point it takes a turn west causing me to be miles from where I needed to be. Basically what I did was a huge loop around the area, finally arriving at Judys' house in Altamonte Springs, and then on to Lisas' house in Longwood for a birthday delivery. I think all told I must have driven over 100 miles yesterday around town!

Thinking she wasn't home, I left it on the door step. Walking back to my car I heard the door opening which led to a longer than was prudent visit. She showed off her Christmas tree and table which she'd fashioned after the wedding decor. It is lovely.

Finally I arrive only to hear from David while there. "Mom, any chance you could drive me to Sweetwater Club to pick up my new car?" Naturally, I said yes. I don't get too excited about cars for the most part, except for MINIs, but this car David bought is spectacular. One of his clients asked if he'd be interested. It had been sitting in the garage with no one driving it due to health problems. It was a deal Dave couldn't pass up--a 2001 Porsche Turbo with 7,000 miles. To say it is gorgeous doesn't do it justice.

You would think that I don't live up to my blog title what with the few pictures I share. Nothing could be further from the truth. I upgraded my Picasa web storage allowing me to make lots more albums which I think will really give you an idea how crazy I am. Here's a sample of what I took yesterday.
Tuesday

As you can see I was all over the place starting with our darling, albeit heavy, Baxter, lounging in the office. The owners of the Porsche live about 1/2 mile from Wekiwa Springs State Park so true to my name I scooted in there after Dave drove off in glory. The time of day was bad for photos but I did see the amazing site which I've tried to picture for you of a HUGE man changing his bathing suit OUT IN PUBLIC!!!! Others are from the museum grounds and a neighbors yard. I hope you enjoy them.

I'm off to deliver the photo shoot pictures this morning but not before I finish the Christmas cards. I do so hope that people will still send them; it is so much nicer to have something tangible that says I'm thinking about you.

Lastly I'll leave you with some interesting insight into baking with one of my favorite ingredients--butter.
Cookie Tip
----------------
Listening to: Mary Chapin Carpenter - Come Darkness, Come Light
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Back at the Homestead