Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Outage


My dear friends, I'm writing this as quickly as I can to let you know that I'm still a blogger, albeit intermittently. I had a blog entry all set in my mind for first thing Monday morning but Brighthouse Networks thought otherwise. Arriving home from the market on Sunday evening we discovered that both our digital phone and internet were down. That is not good as you well know. Bruce tried all the usual tricks with no success. After learning that no one could come to the house until Tuesday morning I was not a happy camper.

Sending photos of the market activity is the first order of business when I arrive home so City Hall has them Monday morning. Inexplicably when I got up early on Monday it was working again but only for about thirty minutes. Mission accomplished.

When the internet is not working pretty quickly you realize how much you rely on it. I used my down time to sew if you can imagine. I'd only had the machine down once in years to make our display tablecloths but Angel inspired my decision to give sewing a go. Actually my darling Bruce wanted a new cushion for his desk chair and was wondering where to have one made. Duh--it's not as if I couldn't do it. I went to JoAnne's Fabrics Monday morning to search for something suitable. I found a fun giraffe print (understated of course) and bought the necessary supplies. As well I bought a pattern and material for a dress. Let me tell you, there is no vanity sizing in patterns, in fact, I don't think they have changed one bit. Turns out I wear an 8 in a pattern. Once I was home I went looking for tools I needed for the project and found enough material, thread, zipper, buttons and a pattern to give it a go. I found that I hadn't forgotten much--some, but enough to hopefully make something cute.

I made both the seat cushion and a small back pillow for his chair which I'm pretty excited about. I know you won't believe this but I didn't take even one photograph on Monday--a first for quite some time.

I, did however take one yesterday evening but I'm so afraid the connection will be lost I don't want to take the time today to upload it. The above image is one from a month or so ago. My intention when posting it on the blog was to have you come up with as many ways to use the word OUT as you could think of. Try it--you will be amazed. Instead I'm using it for what's happening now.

The cable guy arrived a little after noon yesterday, spending but a few minutes deciding it was in the connection to the modem. OK, if you say so. NOT--this morning while responding to a friend's request to read something she hopes to have published in the Sentinel, it went out again. As such, I've no idea when it will decide to vanish once more, thus, my quick post. A new appointment is set for tomorrow.

Yesterday, as most of you know, was our 36th wedding anniversary--an occasion to celebrate. Before he left in the morning Bruce said he had a card and a little gift. I replied, let's wait until you get home. OH MY GOSH--it was not so little after all. Apparently, while I was at the market on Sunday, he was visiting all the departments at Nordstrom. He got me a darling little necklace, a bracelet, an incredible handbag, and a wonderful top and jeans!!! Although I was dressed for our dinner out with Dave, Michelle, and Bill, I quickly changed. He is just the best!!!

Naturally lots more has happened since we last met but if I've any hope of getting this online I'd better do it now...

1 comment:

feasting-on-pixels (terrie) said...

So sorry about your outage...I have them frequently in the summer storm months and it is a bit wierd and scary since I am now alone.
Love this image iluustrating the outage...cool Gail.

I hop that you will become a follower of my blog...
Merci,
Thérèse-Marie

A Week Ago Tuesday