Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Big Night has Arrived!

October 13, 2009 is arguably the biggest night of my new career so far or at least it has the potential to be. It's nearly 4 and here's what I feel like:

Actually after returning from the museum I went out back to tidy things up a bit. The trees are dropping all manner of berries, leaves, and needles and the deck was getting a bit messy. Finally I've gotten the hang of the pool cleaner which does a terrific job on the bottom but the top of the water still requires attention. While removing some of the debris I noticed this large leaf twisting and turning in the water. Naturally, yours truly had to get her camera. The pool is the backdrop of countless photos, so why not a leaf, I ask you? Anyway a little later I was viewing what I'd taken and thought it might have the makings for an interesting collage. And yes, I feel a bit adrift with swirling emotions at the moment.

Everyone I know is telling me to just be myself and all will be fine. Oddly enough, when I arrived at the museum today, Karen was hanging the latest show which happens to be a photography exhibit. I only have seven pieces showing at the Comma Gallery, whereas this man has 25. The difference is, he's been at it for 30 years--not 2 1/2! Anyway we were critiquing his stuff and that's what will happen for me tonight which I'm unaccustomed to. Oh well....let the evening begin, the sooner the better!

1 comment:

matt said...

Hey Mom sorry I didn't have a chance to be in touch sooner, but I hope everything goes great. I'm sure it will. Very proud of you!

A Week Ago Tuesday