Monday, June 13, 2011

What Next?

Late Saturday morning, while I was sewing, Bruce came into the office carrying his mobile. He wasted no time telling me that he'd just gotten off the phone and learned that Tracy has leukemia. Who is Tracy you ask? His boss. Plus, we were scheduled to leave in a few hours for his wife's 50th birthday party at their home, minus Tracy, who is now quarantined in his hospital room for 30 days receiving twice daily chemotherapy. Apparently, the moment the diagnosis was confirmed they began aggressively treating what is termed "acute leukemia." Talk about a strange and sad situation. We went nonetheless, doing our best to be upbeat.

I guess it's not surprising that the older we get, the more people we know with health challenges, however, it still always catches me off guard. Each day of good health is a gift my friends.

Because this has left us both shaken, I won't be writing much more today. Instead, I'm sharing my favorite flower with you in all it's color and glory. Photo intensive ahead....











I told you I was crazy for these wonderful flowers whose only bad characteristic is to last for only one day.

Plus, my internet is making me crazy today even after multiple attempts at rebooting. More in the morning.

P.S. From what I can tell Junior took off for a few days and turned bright red on us in his absence. Serious bird watching today!

No comments:

A Low Level of Anxiety