Saturday, August 4, 2012

I Can't Tear Myself Away!

If you've noticed I've been sketchy on posting this week, hurray! All is well, but the truth is, that I just can't tear myself away from the Olympic Games in London to write any posts! Adding to my excitement is knowing that my oldest son is soaking in, not only 11 events, but the atmosphere of the city. Plus, of course, we've been there as well, visiting the Olympic viewing area last summer.
That's Bruce and Matt studying the map of the Olympic Park. Our view from where they are standing:
By now, you've gathered how enthralled I am, not only for the Games but the spirit as well. Today's 10,000 meter race with the Great Britain and American coming in first and second, was so darn awesome. I loved the way they hugged each other with such feeling after the race, following the year they've spent training together in Portland, OR. And how about the weather? After months and months of steady rain, seeing the sun shine most of the time must warm the hearts of the organizers. Can you imagine how anxious they probably were before the Games began? I can't.

In keeping with the spirit of the Games, I give you a frequent guest to our bird feeders who've I've been mostly ignoring in favor of the cardinals.
I'll be back--that is, if there are no events being broadcast that thrill me, which, if the last week is any indication, isn't likely. Rowing anyone?

1 comment:

abellwillring said...

The USWNT plays Canada this afternoon at 2:45 Eastern. Win this one and we're in the gold medal match!

A Low Level of Anxiety