Google? What would we do without you? During my short absence she "googled" the parents and by the time I returned she was in her nursing scrubs and off to work. All's well that ends well!
So, that's how my day started. Just when you think there would be nothing more to write about random happenings occur which need to be shared! Speaking of sharing, I discovered from a few folks that the commenting issue was more because it was a hassle figuring out the security code. I was hoping it was that simple, so I've now changed the setting. Feel free to comment with abandon if you like. That said, Matt suggests that because I love the writing that I should not worry about comments, which I'll take to heart. Of course, every now and again, if you like a photo don't hesitate to let me know!
I just knew I was going to hear things I didn't want to in yesterday's session. Instead of writing, I should be marketing my work to the tune of 60% of my work time!!! Leaving only 40% for creating. Although it may only take you a few minutes to read Camera Crazy, it takes far longer to write it. Fine by me because it gives me pleasure, however, now I'm feeling a little guilty because I'm apparently misusing my time on this frivolous endeavor. :-(
Eleven of us, ten women and one man, sat in a circle in Robin's studio introducing ourselves and learning about the business of art. Mail Chimp, Evernote, Moo Cards all were mentioned. I heard some ideas which were mostly ones I knew, but don't practice as I should. Such as getting addresses of buyers, either physical or email. If I've sold over 5,000 prints, imagine all the addresses I could have amassed! That's my homework--do a better job of that. Everyone was super friendly and talented, making the time pass quickly. I've got two weeks to get my act together as our next meeting is September 25th, what would have been our Mother's 87th birthday were she alive. Plus, Bruce and I started going steady on that day, way back in 1966, and haven't been apart since!
So, what else is new? The other day I visited Eric, the master gardener who lives around the corner on about a two acre lake lot with his parents. Did I mention Eric is in his 40's and formerly was an anesthesiologist? Did I mention he's now getting a Master's degree in Mayan archeology so he can learn how they used plants for medicine? Whew! Here's Eric alongside one the many, many blooming orchids hanging from their trees.
Datil pepper, which he says is hotter than blue blazes, as well as a little stem of Aztec weed.
Remember the other day when I mentioned piping? Check out this adorable blouse from the new Top Shop collection at Nordstrom.
I never did show you my lavendar African violets in bloom....
Good grief, I also forgot to show you what I did with the bench, turning it from black to
Finally, and I'm using that in a two-fold way, the weather is cooling off a bit which is fairly uncommon for this time of year. Who knows how long it will be around, but whatever the time frame, we'll enjoy it while it's here!