Skip to main content

Let Me Let You Go!

While watching a David Sedaris video last evening, between laughter, something he said rang oh so true. He said he talks to all the people who come to his book signings, going so far as to poll them on strange subjects. Explaining that he spends a lot of time alone while writing, so it's good to get out in the public and hear ideas that are not his own. Allegedly, he talks so much that the attendees finally say, "let me let you go." This could be me talking! Just a week or so ago I got into a lively discussion about health care marketing with an unsuspecting man who came to my table. He talked about keeping things true to the "brand" and the like. You can imagine my reaction to that kind of baloney.  Branding, billboards everywhere you look, marketing--is it any wonder the cost of health care has increased? Finally I shut up, uttering the same words as those folks use with David. No doubt, he was relieved to leave me! You would think I had strong opinions or something and I do, especially about medicine. Is it any wonder I write a lot of letters to the editor of our local paper, including one published on Monday?

Counteracting the above rant, I give you something pretty:
Isn't that the most lovely shade of gerbera daisy? My word!

It felt good to be back on my bike yesterday morning, having missed my ride for days and days.
It won't be long before the jasmine blooms are gone for the year, thus I'm enjoying them while I can. I hadn't noticed it in person, but this garage door looks kind of like a little face in the photograph, doesn't it? The iffy weekend weather has vanished for the time being, replaced by another few beautiful days. Waking early to the sound of the birds,  I got right up to write before we spend the cool morning working in the yard. Bruce went into the office yesterday, and after all we have to do today, he may wish he was still there!

Other things seemed to have gotten space in this blog causing me to leave out something of great importance until now. As you well know, when I like something, I like it a bunch, including my new navy blue Keds. Except, after wearing them for about six weeks, the color faded to a purplish hue. What's a girl to do? This girl called Keds, learning if I sent them back, I would receive a new pair in a timely manner. I don't know how they felt about it, but nearly two weeks doesn't seem all that timely to me. Finally, around dinnertime last night, the new shoes arrived via UPS. Oh happy days! Is it just me, or do you too only notice the spot on the top of one?
Bruce seems to think it is glue; try as I might I could not remove it. Ahem....

We'd just finished a tomato tart I hadn't made in ages. Because I still have gobs of basil, not to mention a crust I'd saved in the fridge, I bought tomatoes yesterday while at Clemons.
The crust turned out pretty in a tart pan, don't you think? One thing is that I can never make this tart without thinking of the months caring for our dying Mother. She was crazy for this tart. Maybe it was a subconscious thing, what with the Sunday's day of honoring one's Mother?

This is always a hard time of year for me. No, not because of my Mom, I still miss her, however, I know death and separation is inevitable, so after nine years, I'm okay with it. No, it is something much more mundane:
Times like this is when I miss my big freezer! The fellow behind the counter told me he had a customer  on Saturday buy fifty, yes 50, jugs to store!

So, guess what? I went to the wrong side of the tracks, make that I-4, to take my calendar photos. I kept wondering why I did not come across Cornell, and now I know! Goodness they make these contests hard on a photographer with only three streets to choose from! Believe me when I tell you there are very few houses worthy of photographing, and there are twelve months to fill! This house has a guard kitty on the porch:
This looks very peaceful doesn't it? I-4 is literally two houses away, well make that one house, and one empty lot. For those of you not familiar with I-4, it is the main interstate highway running through Orlando. During rush hour this neighborhood must be anything but peaceful. Then too, while talking with one of the residents I learned that Florida Hospital owns several houses, and wants more of them to build a hotel. Stick with healthcare! See above....

Finally, on my drive home, I got a good look at this super cool power box, one of many painted by local artists to add some excitement to the landscape.
Bruce is up, the sun is shining, and the yard work awaits. Let me let you go.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bodies of Water

Raise your hand if you think you can identify the location of this lovely scene? Before our excursion on Saturday, I certainly would have kept my arm straight by my side because I would have had no clue. This is the park on the shores of East Lake Tohopekaliga in downtown St. Cloud, Florida. I've included Florida because there is a town named the same in Minnesota, not far from a restaurant Bruce built, and there might just be someone from Minnesota that comes across this blog and thinks, that's not my town! 
At any rate, Bruce's superintendent in Plano is doing a fabulous job which means Mr. Peck is not having to kill himself, performing as both Project Manager, and the field Super. It's about time that he got a bit of a break, so when I asked him if he was up for a Saturday excursion to St. Cloud, he agreed. Both of us have driven by the exit to this little town on countless occasions, but never had either of us actually been there before. 28 miles from Orlando, it i…

And Just Like That....

another weekend has arrived! My, how the time flies when you are old. The date for our move to Vancouver in early July just keeps getting closer and closer! In the meantime, we are staying busy.

Matt and Tom have an anniversary coming up, yes, it has been three years already at the end of the month. You will not be surprised that I made a quilt to honor the occasion which I sent a week or so ago, thinking it would take some time. You never really know. In this instance it took only one week and since I sent it to Matt's workplace, he opened it right up and sent me a text to say he loved it! That was a relief because it is a little different than some quilts I've made. When I had only the top pieced Bruce was a little skeptical of the end result, however, after the addition of spiral quilting, and ORANGE binding, he was a convert!
For a touch of whimsy, I used a fabric with drawn kitty cats for Tom. The beginning of the spiral is somewhat sketchy, but I did the best that I coul…

Photograph Overload

Don't say I did not warn you!!

Firstly, I wonder what Spring is going to be like, having already mostly experienced it this Winter.

And we are off on some adventures!!

I hardly know where to start, but perhaps we will go backward in time....is there anyone amongst my readers that live in Central Florida that does not like azalea blooming time? I should hope not.
Then too, the camellias are blooming everywhere, and what's not to like about that? Not a thing my friends.
Both of these photographs were taken in the back yard of my new friends that have the house where the Eagle has landed. This morning, instead of putting it off, I took off on my bicycle just as the sun was rising. It was plenty warm already, so there were no excuses to be found. Riding as fast as I could to the Lake Conway ramp, the sun had just broken the horizon creating a beautiful rosy glow.
Eagle hunting followed, and sure enough it was way up in the Pine tree, basically the usual spot, except when it is not…