Saturday, July 20, 2013

Rejection

I'll be the first to admit that rejection doesn't sit very well with me. Alejandra from Sun Dance had me looking through my library for vintage car photos when the email from Winter Park popped up in the upper right hand corner of my screen. Thanks, but no thanks. I know full well it is the opinion of three judges, but man do I hate it! Finally I've learned to send in three images that relate, but apparently the three I sent in this year did not cut it. The good news? At least I won't have to scramble to get ready for a big festival, where I sold 143 things one year, I might add, because we will be returning from our London trip the same week the festival is scheduled.

Most people face rejection in either of two ways: love, or employment. Me, I've never put myself in a position to experience either because, while working, I never looked to advance. Then, of course, you know I met my darling Mr. Bruce when I was twelve, and knew right away he was my perfect match. Is it any wonder I married this cutie?
Sorry for how crazy the scan is; Matt will be home next week to set me straight! Bruce was 7 in this photo. My children were pretty darn cute, and now you know why!

This has been a bit of a dreary week with not as much rain, but plenty of threats. That said, it is pouring like mad all of a sudden! I didn't know how to read this morning sky because the night before the sky was nearly as red. So much for red sky at night...
Unrelated, but this terrific piece from the NYT will thrill some readers: Book obsession. We are definitely on the nostalgia train this week.

Saturday evening:

Well now, while typing, the power went out from a mega-storm that came up without warning! We needed to go to Milennia Mall to return a sweater Bruce bought me in Houston so chose the no-power time to do so. Although it was a little big, the shirt and necklace are super cute. I needn't remind you how sweet he is.

I think it must have been Thursday that I went to the Polasek to drop off a few prints. Surprisingly they have consistently been selling stuff. "Mailbox Money!" Anyway, after leaving I decided to head over to Kraft Azalea Gardens nearby where I saw something I've yet to see.
At this time of the year there are no azaleas blooming, but there are snowy egrets like nobodies business. Getting out of my car, I heard birds squawking overhead. My goodness, there must have been 15 nests in the two oak trees adjacent to the parking area! As I mentioned above, I've never seen anything like it.
I don't know why they were so loud but this photo is only two that I saw. Poop was all over the ground, and there were more than a few broken egg shells.
Thank goodness I avoided any drops from above!

I walked along, hoping to give the columns another try, except there were four generations having their picture made:
Although you only see three, there was an itty-bitty baby in the arms of the girl with the green sweater. I roamed a bit, waiting for them to leave as I knew they would. One shot would certainly not suffice! With the advent of digital photography, which I am MOST certainly the beneficiary of, the family photo has risen to new heights.

Heading back to the columns I decided to use them as a frame to the serene landscape.
Tall trees, hanging moss, a bench for resting....what's not to like?

Friday morning we shared the yard care duties--Bruce trimmed, while I mowed. It was hard for me to pull myself away from the television, if you can believe it. The Open, as they say in Britain. To us Yanks, it's The British Open.  If I could have gotten away with it, I might just have skipped the market today to watch, however, you know me better than that, don't you? 

While we were at the mall, I suggested Bruce show me The Captial Grille that took over the space formerly used by McCormick and Schmick's. Once there we took a seat at the bar.
Let's just say it was a fun way to while away a stormy night!

No comments:

A Low Level of Anxiety